Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rangemax router not 10x range...?

I bought a standard router and it worked fine at 20% (I still got close to full speed) but on my PS3 it only got 7% and the connection was dropped a lot so I still had the receipt so I decided to get a rangemax router (WPN824) and It looked good, was bigger and I thought it would solve my problems...


But the installation took longer (firewall problems on the base PC) but finally I got it working and went to my room (about 45 ft away) and took out my PS3 and guess what still the same %!!! still 7%, no wait it went up to 10%! yeah $40 more and still 7%, now WTF??? is there something I need to do like switch on long range or something? I mean the box said 10x range! and it's virtually the same! any help is appreciated...


BTW I never had problems with speed, just the signal being dropped randomly...
Rangemax router not 10x range...?
I've had experience with Rangemax (and other Netgear routers) and they are by far the worst routers I've used. They all dropped connections and have horrible range. I have a Belkin currently and the range is superb. Wireless N speeds are about 7 Megabytes per second (bytes not bits).


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting