Saturday, October 24, 2009

A belkin router and suddenly it will not communicate with my NTL modem? Modem light on router flashes orange?

I have replaced the router and still the same. My PC downstairs connects to the router wireless but cant see the internet but the PC upstairs that I connect into the NTL Modem can see the internet? Also when I contect the ethernet cable from the modem to the router the ethernet light comes on the modem. So to make sure I get my problem across. PC downstairs has the usb adaptor that came with router attached and I am able to see the Belkin via the wireless, The router is connected to the NTL Modem via ethernet cable and all I get is the modem symbol on the router flash orange but and able to surf the net when I plug my PC directly into the NTL Modem via a USB cable. Please help doing my head in.
A belkin router and suddenly it will not communicate with my NTL modem? Modem light on router flashes orange?
ok





you have the settings on the modem wrong or the setup wrong





because the problem is with the computer you have downstairs not the computer upstairs you need to configure it properly i had a similar problem with a netgear router for my computer when i was with virgin (ntl)





connect the downstairs computer directly to the computer with the ethernet cable and insert the set-up disc into the computer and launch the set up program once the computer is connecting with the modem and the internet you have its IP address on that computer now insert the USB adaptor for the wireless and go to configuration settings now choose the settings for wireless and have it configure that now unplug the ethernet cable and try the internet





if no joy ring up BELKIN direct and have them talk you through the set up process
A belkin router and suddenly it will not communicate with my NTL modem? Modem light on router flashes orange?
i had the same problem but i was on netgear. try one of these. its either your LAN card on PC, or try uninstalling it and restalling it, if no luck try going back to a later restore point on your PC. or i put my xp service pack 2 in and that finally done the trick. good luck PS there's nothing wrong with your router if u still picking up on wireless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting