Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can I network three computers that are not connected to the internet?

I have three desktop computers. One is connected to the internet. The other two are only used for data entry. I want each to share the same software program, and interact with the other.





Can I network computers that are not 'online'???





I would like a self contained server setup for my home.





Thanks!
Can I network three computers that are not connected to the internet?
You can but you need a device such as a switch or hub do do this.





If you are using a wireless box to connect to the Internet there may be spare network connections on the device that connects you to the internet.





If you only had 2 PC's you could connect them directly using a single cable.





Microsoft have a home server option see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product...





but if you just want to share data try http://www.lacie.com/us/products/range.h...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting