Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What sort of modem to buy?

I'm looking into getting a broadband connection with AT%26amp;T. On the offer that I am looking at, it says that it will give a $50 rebate to go with a modem (doesn't say whether I will have to buy the modem from an affiliate of them or not).





Also, I have friends with Comcast and Yahoo that have complained about the modems lent to them by their service providers. Most of my friends only used the modem for a year or so, and it would bug out -- and require them to reset the modem (more often than once an hour).





I may be getting confused with routers, as far as the story goes, but I'm pretty sure that they said the modems were problematic. I do know the difference between them, by the way. :P





So... I wonder: Is there a certain sort of modem that I should look into buying? I don't want to get a used one from my ISP.. with various complaints that I have heard about.
What sort of modem to buy?
Get a cable modem...8 mbs of downloading time...thats crazy compared to the normal 700 kbs....its worth the price i love them
What sort of modem to buy?
You're gonna have to go with what they give you unless you have DSL streaming straight from the wall. You can try a Gateway type of router, but most ISPs won't support it. You might as well get their modem, and if you want to hook up more than one computer consider getting a router from either Linksys, Netgear, or D-Link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting