Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How do I get my windows network working properly?

So I have a cable modem hooked up to my wireless router... I have 3 computers running... one is a file server, one is a laptop, and the other is my desktop.





My laptop and file server are both on the same network in the same network group and file sharing works fine...





However my desktop cannot connect to the same windows network as my laptop and file server... The desktop is apparently on the same network, but when I try to get it to connect so I can see other computers on network it will take a few minutes and then tell me that I do not have authority to access this network, please contact the network administrator... Ive tried so many things and none of them have worked... what is wrong? and how do i permantely remedy this problem?





fwiw I believe I have had my desktop connected to the network before but now it wont connect to the windows network..





also if this is not clear, my desktop gets on th einternet fine and everythings its just the file and print sharing im having problems
How do I get my windows network working properly?
I found some info on the site below, but I'll try to condense it. See the link for the details.





Try Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt and type:


netsh winsock reset catalog





Then type:


netsh int ip reset [log_file_name]


Example: netsh int ip reset reset.log





They may not connect after rebooting. Press %26lt;F5%26gt; several times to refresh in MS Windows Network to see if the other systems appear.





If this works, you might want to thank the guys at the link below. Hope this helps...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting