Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is there any way for me to somehow connect or create a 'network'...?

between my macbook and my pc, I just want it for retrieving photographic or music files from my computer to my mac, how could I do this? - Keep in mind lack of ports on both, but next month I will have wifi so can I just connect an ethernet cable between the two? - I have no idea how this works!
Is there any way for me to somehow connect or create a 'network'...?
If you have Ethernet on both computers (PCI Ethernet cards are 'a dime a dozen' if you don't) you can run a cable between the two and they will automatically set themselves with made-up IP addresses so they can find their neighbors. Then you can turn on Windows file sharing on at least one of them so you can have a common folder to drag files in and out of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting