Saturday, October 24, 2009

LinkSys router not forwarding WOL packet when all machines asleep.?

I'm unable to successfully send a WOL packet to my machines (which are behind a LinkSys BEFSW11 router) 0NLY IF both machines are asleep. If either of them is running, I can successfully wake the other with a properly formatted WOL packet from my machine at work. Router is configured to broadcast the WOL packet to all my machines, but it's as though the router never 'links up' with the cable modem if there's not a machine awake in my home network. Any ideas?
LinkSys router not forwarding WOL packet when all machines asleep.?
I have an idea, but no idea of how to fix it. Maybe since the arp cache is empty, it does not send a broadcast. Are there any arp cache settings on a linksys?


Another thought, maybe it is the cable modem that is 'snoozing' with no activity through it. Try to manage your router from the WAN side, then try the WOL and see if there is any difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting