Saturday, October 24, 2009

How do I reset my wireless network adapter in Vista?

It fails to connect even when the other computer is working fine on the network! What is going on? It keeps saying "cannot connect to (my network name)" and gives me some options like "diagnose", but then says "there is still a problem"!





In XP I used to reset network adapter but I can't find that in Vista. Help!
How do I reset my wireless network adapter in Vista?
Do a search for device manager in help and support, open it through there, and expand the network adapters tree. Your wireless card ("adapter") should be listed, and you can disable/enable it.





And make sure you don't click uninstall instead of disable.
How do I reset my wireless network adapter in Vista?
Actually, uninstalling the adapter and letting windows reinstall it after a reboot cures a multitude of problems. Only thing, you need to know the wep or wpa keys for your wireless router as these go as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting