Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why does my wireless internet drop out even though it says it is connected?

I have a problem with my wireless internet on my computer where every 10 - 15 minutes, I cant use the internet, but it says it is still connected. What is even weirder is that I can still use MSN fine, but my browser screws up.


Thanks or the help.
Why does my wireless internet drop out even though it says it is connected?
i dont have an answer for you but mine does EXACTLY the same thing.
Why does my wireless internet drop out even though it says it is connected?
Perhaps your computer is losing its address assignment to the DNS server. I have had a similar problem where Skype still worked but my browser didn't function. Try setting up your network connection manually. You will need to know your current IP address, your subnet mask, and gateway address.





I found that setting my DNS to the same IP address as the gateway address (the address of the router), it solved the problem. If you encounter any problems just set your connection to obtain IP address automatically again.





The problem could also be caused by the fact that the DHCP auto-assigned IP ticket is expiring too soon.
Reply:there could be various reasons for this %26amp; u need to troubleshoot it step by step:-





when the connection drops goto


stsrt%26gt;run%26gt;cmd%26gt; now in the command promp type


ipconfig/all





note down the DNS server's ip address and ping it . eg:-


ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t





check if the packets are dropping, then contact ur ISP or try this





in the command prompt type





ipconfig/flushdns





wait for the responce and then type





ipconfig /release wait for the responce and type


ipconfig/renew now chect the conncetivity





now check the conncetivity with


note down the dns server's ip address and ping it . eg:-


ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t





if still packets r dropping then check for the signal strength, update the network cards driver still in problem screw the ISP


(Internet Service Provider)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting