Sunday, March 14, 2010

Vista: mapped network drive keeps forgetting password?

I have a share on a windows 2K3 machine that I can connect to just fine, once I enter the password...each time.





When I originally mapped the drive, I told it to remember the password, however, upon reboot each time, it prompts me for the password each reboot. I'm using Vista home premium. Do I need to create an account for the Vista machine on the 2K3 machine? Thanks.
Vista: mapped network drive keeps forgetting password?
Are you running the 2k3 machine as a domain controller or a workgroup server?





If it is a Domain. you cant join a domain with Vista Home Premium at all! (you can force a workgroup but why?)


http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r1844295...








If its a domain your certainly need to create a user account for your system on the 2003 server. If its a workgroup, you are sure wasting a lot of software and system resources! I suspect you still need the user account on the 2003 server.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting