Sunday, March 14, 2010

I need help about my domain! Please help?

Hi, Im Tamal Anwar and I bought the domain tamalanwar.com from a third party domain provider. I had signed up for a free hosting account in 50webs and setup my domain on the system.





I removed the domain from 50webs and changed my name servers. Now my name servers are,





Name Server: DNS1.FREEHOSTIA.COM


Name Server: DNS2.FREEHOSTIA.COM


Name Server: NS1.AFRAID.ORG


Name Server: NS2.AFRAID.ORG


Name Server: NS3.AFRAID.ORG


Name Server: NS4.AFRAID.ORG





The nameservers are not set to 50webs but still it is redirecting to 50webs homepage, why it is being happening?





I also want to know if keeping multiple nameservers are needed or not?
I need help about my domain! Please help?
You should only have the Domain Name Servers that your new host specifies. It looks like you have 2 different hosts from the info above.





NOTE: DNS Transfers can take UP TO 48 hours - I've had them go through right away and also have had them take forever - 3 days one time...
I need help about my domain! Please help?
There is a time delay when changing DNS. Wait 24 hours and then see if it works properly. Keeping multiple name servers should not be a problem.
Reply:All of the .AFRAID.ORG servers have major issues.


Just run a check at http://dnsstuff.com run the dns report you will see the issues. Like NS1 does not even have an IP address, and none of the others are even responding. The Freehostia.com dns servers are working.


Probably need to just wait for the DNS system to update so you resolve to the correct location BUT you do need to fix these issues or problems will occur.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting