Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do I have to have a computer constantly connected (via ethernet cable) to my Airport Extreme Base Station?

Currently I have a Mac Mini connected via ethernet cable to my AEBS. I'm thinking about getting rid of my Mini and purchasing a MacBook because I'm going back to school and need something portable. Does the MacBook have to constantly be connected to the base station like my Mini has been? Can I install the AEBS software on the MacBook and adjust the settings etc. wirelessly? Or is a "base terminal" always necessary?





Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Do I have to have a computer constantly connected (via ethernet cable) to my Airport Extreme Base Station?
The AEBS stands on its own, and you can disconnect the computer once you're done programming it. But keep the Ethernet cable handy in case you have trouble with your wireless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting