Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why Can't My Xbox 360 Detect My Wireless Network?

Thanks for reading this. I will be as specific as possible within reason.





I recently bought the official wireless adaptor for my Xbox 360. When I first hooked it up everything was fine, it detected my home network ok. The problem I had then was that I had forgotten my WEP key. Rather hastily I ended up resetting my router and starting the network again from scratch. Now I have a new WEP key which is great, however when I went to enter this on the Xbox I noticed it could no longer detect my network since resetting the router. There are 2 other computers connected to this wireless network and they are fine so I know the network is up and running. Could anyone think of any reason why the Xbox would not display my network? If so I would be very grateful for a solution.





Oh please note - The Windows "Connect Now" utility is not an option for me as unfortunately I'm told my router does not support it.





Many thanks,





Chris.
Why Can't My Xbox 360 Detect My Wireless Network?
Make sure you accept the 360 trying to connect. Go to your wireless internet click on accept or something, That could be the reason why its not picking it up. I think the option your trying to find is allow someone to remotely connect or something like that


Good Luck
Why Can't My Xbox 360 Detect My Wireless Network?
since the wireless network is not being detected since u have reset the router the problem could be caused because of change in the channel number u can try changing the channel number 1, 6 and 11 are the most preferred or it could be because broadcasting of the name SSID is turned off (all this settings can be found on the routers configuration page).


hope this helps ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting