Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Networking Help???

I have a "D-Link (DES-10160) 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch" and three Computers are getting internet connection from it. I want to add 1 more Computer and I don't know how to do it. (I didnt set up the other 3 computers) I know very little abt network. So please can anybody tell me the specification of the cable as well as other accessories which I have to use to allow another one or two computers to get connected to the inetrnet using this switch.


I use BSNL Broadband and i can get all the equipments required. Please tell me the specification of the cable and the process of how to do it.
Networking Help???
Hi there, I hope I can be of assistance. I am unable to find much information on the internet about the switch you are using, but it more than likely uses CAT5 UTP cable. You will need to buy what is known as a 'flylead'. You can find this at most computer stores.





Then, you need to examine the network connection properties on one of the other computers. If the network connection is set to 'Obtain IP Address automatically', then all you need do is plug the cable from the back of the computer to the switch.





If it is set-up manually, I suggest you should look at those settings on another computer, and make them identical on the new computer EXCEPT FOR THE IP ADDRESS!! If the IP addresses of the other machines are, for example, 192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.4 and 192.168.0.5, then you should make the address of the new computer 192.168.0.6





I hope this information helps.
Networking Help???
you have to only bring the lan card and install in your fourth pc and get the wire connected from the net extension box it will automatically access the net service.
Reply:buy a Cat 5 Straight Ethernet Cable (walk into any computer shop and ask for a cable to connect a switch to computer) and connect the switch to the computer with the cable and it should be that simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting