Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can somebody Please help me with a project I have been working on for weeks!?

I have 5 PCs, all running Windows XP Professional in a Workgroup Environment. For the past couple of weeks I have been trying very hard to configure Roaming Profiles for all users, I must have tried about 30 times already. Somehow I get it to work a a short time, and then all of a sudden files are not saved to the Server, which in return will not load them for the user whenever he or she logins in to one of the other computers. I know for a fact there is a way to configure Roaming Profiles in a Windows XP Workgroup Environment, I just have not figured out the correct way, Can someone PLEASE help me. If you happen to know an eaiser way to set it up like using an actual Server with a domain running Windows Server 2003, you can let me know too. Thank-you SO much to anyone that can help me!!!
Can somebody Please help me with a project I have been working on for weeks!?
It's been a long time, but as I recall the roaming profiles need to be on the domain controller. In a workgroup environment, there's no domain controller, but there is an election process that happens that makes one PC the segment master browser so you may need to tweak the settings to make the same machine (your server) come up as the segment master browser every time.





Again, it's been a long time since I dealt with Windows, so things may have changed since then.
Can somebody Please help me with a project I have been working on for weeks!?
If you have Windows 2003 Server, that will be a lot easier and cleaner than a workgroup. Also configuring the roaming profiles will be a lot easier to macnage. If you need assistance with this setup give me a shout, I can get you up and going in no time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting