Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Actiontec modem speed problem? Maxes out at 40kbps? Model - GT724-WG?

My modem is almost brand new, we just got it from TDS(DSL Provider) and have been using it since May. I am not sure how to do this, and I can't call customer support because of problems with my phone. Whenever i try to download (or upload) something, it works great except for the fact that the speed maxes out at 40kbps. I know this isnt my maximum bandwidth, because with our old modem, it went way higher than 200kbps. How do I change my modem to allow me to have higher speeds, both up and down?
Actiontec modem speed problem? Maxes out at 40kbps? Model - GT724-WG?
Hmm, very good question (unlike the others here...) id suggest buying a different modem, just try a linksys one or something, other than that if your outta money :P perhaps it has some built in software (much like a router), thats capping your bandwidth, or its a faulty unit





Orrr its your ISP all of the sudden cutting down your bandwidth





steps to isolate:


try a different modem of the same type


phone your ISP to see your current max upload/download rates


check another PC

tanning

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting