Friday, November 6, 2009

How to setup simultaneous and separate internet and intranet with 2 NICs?

I have an old computer that I definately don't want on the internet, but will occassionally generate files on, which is attached via a cross over cable to another computer (intranet). The other computer has two network cards, where one has an IP address that works with my router for outside connectivity (internet) and the other has a local address, which is attached to that first computer (intranet). Right now, on the computer with 2 NICs, I disable the network card that I don't want to use in order to have everyting working; I do this because if both are enabled, I can't get outside connectivity. Any suggestions (i.e. can I eat my cake and have it too)?
How to setup simultaneous and separate internet and intranet with 2 NICs?
Try connecting only one NIC to the network router(assuming you have the old computer on the network). Then connect the router to the LAN port on your modem.








And a NIC must connect to a intranet before it can connect to the Internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Bibi Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting